Minimally invasive surgery covers a wide range of techniques that have evolved to treat diseases that were previously untreatable or to treat diseases in a way that is much less invasive than traditional approaches. The majority of these techniques use a combination of fluoroscopy (moving x-rays) and endoscopy (flexible or rigid cameras) to access an area of the body and provide a treatment or collect samples. Our board-certified surgeons are experienced in minimally invasive procedures.
Some of our minimally invasive procedures include:
- Laparoscopic-assisted gastropexy
- Thoracoscopic pericardiectomy
- Laparoscopic-assisted cystotomy
- Laparoscopic liver biopsy
- Laparoscopic-assisted GI biopsy
- Laparoscopic ovariectomy
- Laparoscopic cryptorchidectomy
- Minimally invasive fracture repair
The range of our minimally invasive procedures is evolving all the time. Should you have any queries about whether a minimal invasive procedure may be appropriate for your pet or client, please contact us for advice.