The Skill and Competence of Advanced Surgical Training
No one ever hopes their pet will require surgery, but a situation may arise that requires surgical intervention. The outcome is impacted by knowledge, experience, and commitment of the surgical team. Our board-certified surgeon is skilled in many conditions such as:
- Orthopedic including cranial cruciate ligament rupture, elbow/hip dysplasia, fractures, and joint injuries
- Soft tissue including ear/nose/throat, urogenital, gastrointestinal, wound management/reconstruction, liver/gallbladder, cardiothoracic, endocrine, and hernia/rupture
- Neurologic including spinal conditions such as ruptured discs, fractures, dislocations, neoplasia, deformities, instabilities, and cysts
- Oncologic (cancer) including mast cell tumours, soft tissue sarcomas, oral tumours, thoracic tumours (lung, chest), and abdomen tumors (liver, spleen, kidney, intestine)
- Minimally-invasive options such as laparoscopy, arthroscopy, and fracture repair
During a surgical consult, diagnosis and treatment options are discussed and recmommended based on what is best for the patient and their family.
Personalized Patient Care
Each surgical procedure includes plans personalized for the patient including sedation/anesthesia and pain management while under the direct care of veterinarians and registered veterinary technicians in our intensive care unit (ICU).
Looking for a surgical consultation? Talk with your primary care veterinarian about submitting a referral.