Taking care of Pickles
Pickles was in a pickle himself. This 13-year-old pug came to VSC Emergency Services after he swallowed a nectarine pit. His owner was afraid it would become stuck in his GI tract if she didn’t act quickly. So, she brought Pickles in to have him, well, vomit.
Our Emergency Services team gave Pickles an injection of Apomorphine. This is the safest and most reliable way to cause a dog to vomit. Pickles brought up the pit without any issues and his owner had the peace of mind of knowing he wouldn’t end up needing surgery to have it removed!
Pickles left the clinic relieved to have the pit out.